ICMA Future Leaders Network Sub-Committee
- Appointed chair is to be selected by ICMA Board of Directors with input from FLN sub-committee members.
- Chair may only serve a maximum of 2 consecutive terms; each term consists of 2 years.
- After each term, sub-committee will nominate and vote on new Chairperson but ICMA Board of Directors will have determining vote.
- New chair may only be selected from active members of the sub-committee.
- Responsible for dividing tasks according to the talents and interest of individual
- Schedule meetings and maintain contact with all FLN sub-committee members and ICMA Board of Directors.
- Sub-committee reports directly to Board of Directors.
- Sub-committee members will be selected from nominees and appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Any ICMA member company may nominate 1 employee to represent the publication to be considered to be part of the FLN sub-committee. All nominations must be signed off and approved by CEO of nominating ICMA member company.
- Nominated employee must have been employed with the company at least 1year prior to nomination and must have at least 3 years of relevant experience within our industry.
- Sub-committee members are limited to 1 employee per ICMA Member Company.
- Sub-Committee members are required to actively participate in committee meetings when scheduled and provide input and ideas to the sub-committee. Tentatively, meetings should take place at least on a bi-monthly basis; 6 meetings per year.
- At conferences, sub-committee members are required to actively participate in workshops, events, and other projects requested by ICMA Board of Directors and ICMA Operations Manager.
- Sub-committee members do not always have to attend a conference to stay as part of the sub-committee but should still be involved as active participants in the planning of the conference in matters that pertain to the FLN sub-committee and the ICMA as a whole.
- Sub-Committee members may only serve a maximum of 2 consecutive terms; each term consists of 2 years.
- Every two years Board of Directors will select from current eligible sub-committee members as well as active FLN members or other nominees and appoint the needed number of sub-committee members.
- Sub-committee may only have 7 members at any given time.
- 1 chair and 6 sub-committee members.
- In the event a current sub-committee member resigns, the Board of Directors will appoint a replacement to fill the vacancy until the next election from the pool of previous applicants