HOTEL AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Economy Room : 256 CHF (single occupancy)
Economy Room : 277 CHF (double occupancy)
Comfort Double Room with balcony : 281 CHF (single occupancy)
Comfort Double Room with balcony : 302 CHF (double occupancy)
Tel: +41 31 339 55 00
- The rates listed are only valid for reservations made through ICMA. Higher rates may apply if booked directly with the hotel. Hotel requirements are to be applied for on the online registration form by the official registration deadline. ICMA will arrange your booking and confirmation of this booking will be sent shortly before the date of the event. ICMA will not be responsible for any rooms booked directly with the hotel by the participant. Please read the hotel cancellation and payment policies on the online registration form carefully.
Hotel Reservation – Method of Payment
- Upon registration, ICMA will guarantee your room reservation with the hotel. For this purpose, ICMA requires a credit card guarantee by each individual participant. Without this, the hotel room cannot be held. No payment will be taken at the time of reservation.
- Payment for the room and all final charges will be made directly to the hotel by each individual upon checkout.
Hotel Reservation – Cancellation
- Individual cancellations will be accepted until 19 August 2016. Any room cancellation received after this date or No Show will be charged with the original booking to the credit card used for the guarantee.
- If you wish to cancel or change your hotel reservation, please contact ICMA Head Office.
Some conference delegates may need a visa to visit Switzerland. Please contact your nearest Swiss embassy, high commission or consulate to find out if you need a visa. Some countries are exempt from visa requirements, you may find out if this applies to you here.
Click here for contact details of some of the Swiss Embassies around the world.
If you need any assistance in acquiring a visa to enter Switzerland, or if you need an official invitation from ICMA Head Office please send the following information to our Conference & Marketing Manager:
- Full Name as mentioned in passport
- Arrival date in Bern, Switzerland
- Departure date from Bern, Switzerland
- Passport no.
- Date of birth
Once we have received this information we will make sure that you will receive an
invitation letter from ICMA Head Office as evidence to substantiate the purpose of your journey.
Distance 16.8 KM / 10 MI to Hotel
Time by taxi: 22 minutes
1.5 hour train journey from Zurich to Bern. Trains run every 30 minutes and tickets cost 55 CHF.
Switzerland’s rail network is one of the most efficient and extensive – not only in Europe but worldwide. Bern is also linked to the TGV, ICE and EuroCity international rail networks, making it easily accessible from neighbouring countries:
Milan, Italy – 3 hours
Stuttgart, Germany – 4 hours
Lyon, France – 4 hours
Paris, France – 4 hours
Bern is easily accessible by road via the E4 European route and the Swiss national motorway network. Travellers from south of the Alps can choose between modern road tunnels, spectacular pass routes and the convenient car train services. For motorised guests, there is private, spacious underground parking.