One team can only apply with one startup, company needs to operate in the classifieds/marketplaces sector. Service providers are not qualified.
Criteria for applying
The teams that are selected to pitch at the event can be from anywhere in the world, from classifieds/marketplaces industry, as long as they meet all the criteria below:
- Launched and validated products, with real customers or users by the time of competition
- Company valuation target: $500K – $5M
- Currently fundraising
- Great pitch
- Functional live demo
How to apply
- Competition entrants must fill out an online entry form
- Application must be in English. Pitching at ICMA Marketplace StartUP competition will be in English.
We will be reviewing applications as received, so it is strongly recommended to apply early.
There is no fee for applying.
- Participation in the competition means that you agree to have your startup presentation evaluated publicly.
- You agree that ICMA Marketplace Startup competition and its partners are allowed to use your name, likeness, and the information provided in the competition to promote your product and this competition, in print and electronic communication means.
- You agree that the videos and photos taken during the event and associated activities (preparation, networking events, etc) can be used by ICMA for promotional activity.
- By the submission of your application, you understand and agree that a short description of your startup will be considered a “public summary” and may be used in public documentation related to the competition.
- ICMA Marketplace Startup competition will provide a copy of your business description to competition staff and judges, and will inform them that no additional copies are to be made.
- ICMA Marketplace Startup competition will have no responsibility to protect the intellectual property rights of each contestant. Protection of such rights is the responsibility of each applicant.