THIS WEBINAR HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE AND REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
THE WEBINAR IS NOW AVAILABLE (YOU WILL NEED TO BE LOGGED IN)
Scraping, Denial-of-Service & Spam – Bots can destroy your business!
TUESDAY 19 MARCH 2013 11.00EST/16.00 AMSTERDAM
ICMA and Associate Member, SiteBlackBox are teaming up to discuss the importance of understanding what bots are, the threat they pose to your business and how to block them.
Bots are a strategic threat to your website and your business. They steal your intellectual property, choke your site’s resources, and harass your users. Growing in their sophistication, they evade detection by traditional Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) and Port Monitoring Appliances, compromising your website’s performance and profitability.
- Scraping – bots copy your database, republish it, and compete for your ad revenues.
- Spamming bots – they crawl your site, collecting your users’ email addresses and phone numbers, and pass them on to spammers and telemarketers.
- Denial of service – hostile bots attack by sending HTTP requests in rapid succession, paralyzing your site.
Can you protect your company and website from bots? Join SiteBlackBox’s webinar to find out:
- How sophisticated bots operate
- Where classified businesses may be most vulnerable to bot attacks
- How to block the bots
We are offering this webinar FREE for members! Non-members can attend on a nominal fee of €49/$65.
SiteBlackBox’s powerful, innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is designed to protect your valuable online assets by neutralizing traffic from scraping, spamming, and other hostile sources, while ensuring the highest quality-of-experience to legitimate users.