Miquel Martí is the CEO of Tech Barcelona, a private non-profit initiative founded in 2013 by the main technological entrepreneurs in the city, with the purpose of consolidating Barcelona as a world-class level tech hub.
Such Association represents over 1,200 technological companies, both local and international, in a wide range of industries. In addition, it works very closely with the various public administrations and other agents towards the city’s reinforcement as an international top-level tech hub.
Martí is the creator of Tech Barcelona’s Pier01, one of the most important innovation centers worldwide, according to FORBES magazine.
Miquel Martí is an Industrial Engineer graduate from UPC (the Polytechnic University of Catalonia) and has an MBA from ESADE Business & Law School. Prior to joining Tech Barcelona as its CEO, Martí was Director of Innovation and Finance at Biocat (Catalonia’s bioregion) and Bdebate – International Center for Scientific Debate (joint initiative between Biocat and Obra Social de la Caixa).
During his time at Biocat, he was involved in the development of catalan applications for the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT)’s Health & Food. He was previously Director of AIDIT’s headquarters, this being a joint initiative between Catalonia and Madrid’s Polytechnic Universities for the accreditation of I+D+i activities.
Earlier in his career, Martí held executive management positions within the private sector for over 10 years.
Currently, Miquel Martí is:
– Member of the Board of Directors at ACCIÓ (Catalan Government’s agency for business competitiveness)
– Member of the Catalunya-Next Generation EU Advisory Committee (CONEXT CAT-EU)
– Vicepresident of the Spanish Director’s Association (AED) in Catalonia
– Trustee of the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya’s Foundation (UOC)
– Trustee of CIT-UPC Foundation (Polytechnic University of Catalonia)
– Member of the Advisory Board at UPF VENTURES (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
– Member of the Innovation Committee at UPF (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
– Member of the Business Council at Vall d’Hebron Research Institut (VHIR)
– Member of the Advisory Council for the Promotion of the City (Barcelona City Council)
– Member of the Business Council at Bit Habitat Foundation (Barcelona City Council)
– Member of the APTICC’s Advisory Council (Associació de Professionals TIC)