Homepage > Standard Terms and Conditions of Participation
Standard Terms and Conditions of Participation
1. We, International Classified Marketplace Association, Coen van Boshuizenlaan 74, 1191 TB Ouderkerkaan de Amstel, The Netherlands (hereinafter: ICMA), are an international non profit-making trade organisation that represents the global players in the international classified industry. ICMA organizes international conferences in the Classified and Marketplace sectors (hereinafter: Events).
2. The following Terms and Conditions shall apply to participation in any of our Events.
1. Registration for Events can be carried out online, through the relevant website for the Event. In submitting an online application, you are making an offer to participate in the Event. A contract governing your participation shall come into effect through our acceptance of this offer. Acceptance will be expressly provided by e-mail (registration e-mail).
2. Immediately after completion of the online registration, you will receive an automated e-mail confirming that your registration has been received. This e-mail only acknowledges that your registration has been received and shall not constitute acceptance within the meaning of the above paragraph 2.1.
3. This Event is only open to persons over 18 years of age. ICMA reserves the right to request identification (e.g.: identity card, passport, driving license, etc.) and a business card for on-site registration, to refuse access and to exclude certain individuals from the Event.
1. Following payment by credit card the contract is concluded.
2. After payment is received, you will be provided with a registration e-mail.
3. Until the ticket fee is paid in full, we are under no obligation to grant you access to the Event.
Program of Events
1. We reserve the right to make changes to the program for the Event, including reshuffling the speakers.
2. If, for reasons outside our responsibility, the Event cannot take place on the designated date and/or at the designated place, we reserve the right to change the Event to another date and/or to another location of our choice. In such cases, you shall only be entitled to terminate the contract, provided that you are unreasonably prejudiced by the change of date and place carried out in our interests. You will be informed in good time of any such change.
3. Should the Event be cancelled for reasons for which we are responsible, no ticket fee will be charged.Ticket fees already paid will be refunded.
4. The scope of our responsibility shall be governed by paragraph 7 of these Terms and Conditions.
1. You may cancel your registration up to 6 weeks before the Event. Ticket fees which have already been paid will be refunded in this case, less a cancellation fee of €150 per participant.
2. Cancellations may not be made following expiry of the period referred to in paragraph 5.1. In such cases, the ticket fee shall not be refunded.
3. Cancellations must be sent by e-mail to ICMA, email@example.com. The appointment of a substitute participant can be done free of charge at any time.
Consent to the use of imagery; production of video and audio recordings
1. During the Event, imagery will be produced for the purposes of documentation, the accompanying or subsequent media coverage and subsequent publicity for the event, as well as for the advertising of later events. There may also be photographic material on which your image is displayed. Should you be photographed, we will ensure that your right to privacy is not unreasonably affected by the use of the imagery.
2. Upon conclusion of the contract governing participation in the Event, you give us your consent to the production and use of imagery in accordance with paragraph 6.1.
3. The production and use of sound recordings of sessions held at the Event is only permitted for private purposes, and subject to the restriction that every publication on the Internet or other media, or disclosure to third parties, shall only be permitted with our prior consent.
4. The production and use of photographs and video recordings requires our prior consent. The production and use of audio and video clips for publication on a blog and for the purpose of press coverage is permitted with the proviso that a clip must not exceed one minute in length. Clips containing similar content shall be treated as one clip. For information on the approval of photo and video material, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Attention should be paid to the right to privacy of persons who are recorded or depicted, and where appropriate, necessary consents should be obtained.
1. We accept no liability for the non-occurrence of the Event, to the extent that we are not responsible therefor. In particular, we shall not be liable for the refusal of required regulatory approvals, for police and/or regulatory or miscellaneous measures of third parties during or in connection with the Event, for breaches of the law by participants in the Event and for the cancellation or termination of the Event, as far as we have not intentionally or negligently caused it/them.
2. We shall be liable for mild negligence only in violation of fundamental contractual obligations, i.e. obligations that enable the due performance of the contract and upon which the co-contractor can rely as a matter of course. In this case, the extent of the liability is limited to typically occurring, foreseeable damage. There is no liability for indirect damages, consequential damages or lost profits. The limitation of liability applies in the case of negligence by our legal representatives and agents.
3. Furthermore, our pre-contractual, contractual and non-contractual liability shall be limited to intent and gross negligence. The damage to be compensated shall be limited in the case of grossly negligent conduct by a simple agent of ours to typically occurring, foreseeable damage. The limitation of liability for gross negligence of our agents shall not, however, apply if the damage results from a breach of fundamental contractual obligations.
4. These limitations of liability shall not apply in the case of loss of life, limb or health of a human being or to liability under the Dutch Product Liability Act.
1. All claims arising from or in connection with this contractual relationship shall be governed by Dutch law, except as provided by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
2. If you are a merchant within the meaning of the Dutch Commercial Code, a legal entity or special assets under public law, Amsterdam shall be the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this contract.
3. Should one or more provisions of these Terms and Conditions be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
Don’t miss update from us Sign Up For The free e-Newsletter for updates